• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting grain on photos

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5. I've been doing test shots with my Canon Rebel T5i. I've been shooting with flash in poorly lit areas using the Auto setting. When I shoot a horizontal shot, download it to LR and then examine the photo on full screen using the F button to enlarge it, I have no problem. This is with a flash aimed at the ceiling using an index card as a bouncer. But when I shoot vertical shots, with my flash twisted to the side position and aimed at the ceiling,  when I examine the photo on full screen using the F button, here's what happens: the picture looks fine while the "loading" sign is on. But when the loading sign goes off, the picture becomes grainy and almost pigmented like a painting. Can someone tell me what is going on?

Also, could someone tell me if there is a way in LR to view the shooting information (f stop, aperture speed) on any given picture.

Thank you,

Al Marotta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without seeing an image and in knowing more about it, it would be difficult to diagnose. It could possibly relate to a high ISO setting causing unwanted noise, but that would be difficult to know.

If you go to the library module and look under the metadata section in the right-hand panel, part of the information provided there is what I think you are looking for.

Capture.JPG

In the Develop module, you may also set your Develop View Options (Ctrl/J) to display some of that information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines