• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Give us the downgrade to version 8.4.1.10 !!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to the previous version 8.4.1.10 should be possible! Can you add it to the ones available in the Creative Cloud app, instead of 8.2.1, which lacks important features?

Or is it available on an FTP?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

Interesting, I have 8.4.1 available in my CC desktop app (Mac OS 10.14.6):

Untitled.png

Are you on Mac or Windows?  Which version?

Unfortunately, Adobe doesn't make recent versions available for direct download anymore.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the OP, I only have 8.2.1 available on Macos 10.14.6

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.27.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! I downloaded the new version today (I make a practice of updating programs when updates are offered) but, find that it requires me to deal with a new catalog that will not be backwards compatible. I am in the midst of a deadlined project and don't have time to deal with this issue. If I can revert to the previous version, how do I do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find out how to uninstall the new version but, now, my catalogs can't be used...maybe there's an interim version (all I was offered was a variation of 8.2; no 8.4+ as has been mentioned somewhere else).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis

OS version is Windows 7 SP1. On the CC desktop app only version 8.2.1 is available, but it could be limited to this OS, maybe Windows 10 has also 8.4.1?
It makes no sense not to offer the previous version anyway, even if for some GPU accelerated features you need Win10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen references to a Version 8.4+... but nothing but 8.2+...was offered if I uninstalled the new version. I took it and it turns out to be at least as unsuitable to my needs as the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"OS version is Windows 7 SP1."

That shouldn't be the reason why you're not seeing 8.4.1 available.  In general, LR 8 runs on Windows 7: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements/2019.html

Note that the GPU typically provides significant benefits for 4K displays and higher resolutions. It can often slow down smaller-resolution displays.

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom . Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not follow the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you afraid to upgrade your catalog? It will bring everything forward, including all the work you have done previously. You can move forward uninterrupted. Upgrading the catalog only takes a couple of minutes. Really, it isn't anything to be concerned about, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a catalog problem. It's because on Windows 7 version 9.0 loses all GPU display acceleration and becomes *a lot* slower. 
I recovered the previous installation manually and 8.4.1 runs much smoother, even with partial GPU support.

It's not an issue on Windows 10, with full GPU support. But I am keeping it on an older computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: out of nowhere, previous versions 8.3, 8.31 and 8.4 just popped out of the CC desktop app, under the usual Other versions section.
After my manual recovery of 8.4.1 no previous version was there, not even after some reboots. Then after a few hours of standby they appeared.
Guess the issue is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines