• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Got Some export operations were not performed - could not copy a file to destination folder

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to import raw files from my SONY A7riv and got the error message. I tried from the hard drive and straight from the SD card. I can see the photos in apple preview and even see them in lightroom before I hit the import button. I have the Macbook 2019 with an 8TB hard drive so it is not a space issue. I have the latest version of Lightroom and I think this might be the issue.  The one difference between this import and the one yesterday (which worked) is I switched from compressed to uncompressed files (to shoot astrophotography.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to be sure that you have write permission to the Destination folder .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip - yes I have write permission. I even tried to copy the files to an existing collection I know is fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Thank you for the tip - yes I have write permission."

Write permission to the destination folder? Show us a screen capture of the Destination Panel in the Import dialog, and another screen capture of the permissions on this exact folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure the destination folder is actually set correctly. Classic sometimes loses track of where you want your images and you might need to reselect the destination folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I experimented and discovered a workaround. I unclicked "add to collection." I just straight up imported them. Then I selected all the photos and copied them into the collection I was trying to put them into the first place. That worked. Still not sure what the issue is. I will update this thread if I discover the cause or if I have any issues with the workaround! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do "collections" have to do with your original question about exports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that was a typo. The question is clearly referring to imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF YOUR MACOS IS CATALINA

Then, outside of LrC, bring up the MACOS System Preferences, select Security  and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, make sure LrC has access to all media (check PS as well while you are at it)

C7570BED-7531-4650-A97E-7151B0E7E589.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines