Highlighted

GPS Coordinates set in Lightroom Classic (Lrc) - no information about in Bridge (or Geosetter)

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I set the PGS coordinates in Lrc this metadata are not shown in Bridge or Geosetter. If I set the GPS coordinates with Geosetter I can see the changes in Bridge. How can I save the metadata with Lrc to see them in Bridge, Geosetter or e.g. ExifTool?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPS Coordinates set in Lightroom Classic (Lrc) - no information about in Bridge (or Geosetter)

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I set the PGS coordinates in Lrc this metadata are not shown in Bridge or Geosetter. If I set the GPS coordinates with Geosetter I can see the changes in Bridge. How can I save the metadata with Lrc to see them in Bridge, Geosetter or e.g. ExifTool?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the menu command Metadata->Save Metadata to File

or

Turn on the option in Preferences to automatically write changes to xmp

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dj_paige is correct, but bear in mind that with  Raw files, this information is in a sidecar file. This should still be readable by Bridge and Geosetter. 

Sean McCormack http://seanmccormack.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gary_sc LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone else is correct and let me add that if you convert your raw files to DNG files, the sidecar data is contained within the DNG file. It will still act like a raw file (becuase it is) but there are no sidecar files to misplace or lose. 

While certainly not required, I've been converting all of my images to DNG images for many many years.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines