Highlighted

GPU Acceleration crash after cropping or transform/upright/perspective correction

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom starts up with GPU acceleration enabled, changing settings like exposure works fine, but if you change the image area like rotating or adjusting upright, the image freezes and I see "Graphics acceleration is disabled due to an error."on the settings panel.

From system info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (26.21.14.4614)

So it's using DirectX. I tried using OpenGL both by adding crs:gpu_preferred_system="OpenGL" to "Camera Raw GPU Config.txt" and "Develop.PreferOpenGL = true" to Config.Lua, but it still uses DirectX, even though in system info i see "OGLEnabled: true"

I had Acronis Active Protection on, but I disabled since I seen on a forum someone talking about it, but the problem persists.

Drivers are latest, and windows 10 with no updates pending. Full system info attached

Is there any place I can see a crash log for further info?

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPU Acceleration crash after cropping or transform/upright/perspective correction

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom starts up with GPU acceleration enabled, changing settings like exposure works fine, but if you change the image area like rotating or adjusting upright, the image freezes and I see "Graphics acceleration is disabled due to an error."on the settings panel.

From system info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (26.21.14.4614)

So it's using DirectX. I tried using OpenGL both by adding crs:gpu_preferred_system="OpenGL" to "Camera Raw GPU Config.txt" and "Develop.PreferOpenGL = true" to Config.Lua, but it still uses DirectX, even though in system info i see "OGLEnabled: true"

I had Acronis Active Protection on, but I disabled since I seen on a forum someone talking about it, but the problem persists.

Drivers are latest, and windows 10 with no updates pending. Full system info attached

Is there any place I can see a crash log for further info?

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up, from your System Information (and pasting that into your reply would have been better than attaching it, this site is notorious for attachments failing)

Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1920x1080

So sub 4K.

The option to use Graphics Processor basically try's to improve performance for 4K and beyond. It has a bad habit of fouling things up sub 4K 

Also, it does not appear to help performance sub 4K

Turn it off.  See what happens.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/vent/

Just lovely (not) someone "improved the menu bar in this community" and did not, apparently, test.

/end vent/'

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I am currently using it with acceleration disabled, but it's much faster and I would enjoy to have it enabled. There's no reason it shouldn't work on my system.

Also, I see now that OpenGL is deprecated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines