Highlighted

GPU not compatible with LR 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello;

I was using Lightroom Classic CC 2018 with a Mac Pro (OS X 10.13.6) with NVIDIA Quadro 4000

an everything was working +/- has expected...

Now, I have upgraded Lightroom Classic version 2020

and when I look at the application preferences under performance, I got GPU not compatible (or so...)

I didn't yet see the extent of the degradation but I'm sure there will be isn't ...?

So in your considered opinion : is it better to downgrade to Lightroom Classic 2019 or even 2018

or to stick with LR 2020

or is there a trick I don't know ?

Thanks

Topics

Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPU not compatible with LR 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello;

I was using Lightroom Classic CC 2018 with a Mac Pro (OS X 10.13.6) with NVIDIA Quadro 4000

an everything was working +/- has expected...

Now, I have upgraded Lightroom Classic version 2020

and when I look at the application preferences under performance, I got GPU not compatible (or so...)

I didn't yet see the extent of the degradation but I'm sure there will be isn't ...?

So in your considered opinion : is it better to downgrade to Lightroom Classic 2019 or even 2018

or to stick with LR 2020

or is there a trick I don't know ?

Thanks

Topics

Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is if you can manually turn on the GPU by using the 'Custom' setting. Your GPU may be supported after all, but not yet whitelisted.

If that doesn't work then you have to make up your mind. Do you see any degradation? If not, why would you care that the GPU is not used if you do not see any effect anyway?

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello & Thanks JohanElzenga

I don't even have access to the "flighting menu" next to  using the graphic processor...

& That was pretty much my question... is anybody knows (yet) if it is better (or faster) to use Lightroom CC 2018 (or CC 2019) with the abilitie to use the graphic processor (like my Nvidia Quadro 4000) OR to use Lightroom 2020 without any GPU used ??

This is completely crazy isn't ... for the first time in history, it is better and faster to downgrade ?

if adobe continue in this path... they will have a lot of new fixed issue, and a lot of new features, and other working so much better for anyone DOWNGRADING to few previous Adobe versions... (lol)

anyway, if anybody have a clue about my questions ? thanks in advance.

cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my earlier post.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.5: Lightroom Classic 9.3, Lightroom (cloud-based) 3.3, Photoshop, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

441D7115-BB98-41F8-BC66-C439FC749062.pngYou need to upgrade your OS to at least macOS 10.14.5 to have full GPU support, see the screen capture.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.5: Lightroom Classic 9.3, Lightroom (cloud-based) 3.3, Photoshop, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines