Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU not supported?

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just purchased an Imac 2020 with the Radeon Pro 5500XT.  I upgraded to Big Sur.  When starting to develop a photo, lightroom crashes.  When I disable in the performance preferences the use of the GPU, everything seems to work.

On the internet I don't realy find threads on the support of the Pro 5500 XT by adobe.  Does any body has the same issue?  

Meanwhile I contacted Apple support to log this issue.

Kind regards

Geert 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you've seen the compatability pages, but just in case: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/macos-big-sur-compatibility.html

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sean,

Thanks for the link, I'm running the latest version of both Big Sur and Lightroom (10.0) on an intel Imac, so it shouldn't give any problems.  But still.

Think I have to wait for an update.

Kind regards

Geert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a corrupt GPU driver. As an experiment, try turning the GPU off in Lightroom (Preferences->Performance->Use Graphics Processor should be OFF)

If that fixes the problem (but may cause other issues), re-install the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac Driver support for the GPU is built into the OS usually. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines