Highlighted

Grad filters and brushes dont work on certain images

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've recently noticed that the grad filter and adjustment brushes dont seem to "stick" on certain images. For example I edited an older archive photo from my Olympus OMD EM5ii today. When I apply a graduated filter or adjustment brush I can see the change applied as I drag but when I release the mouse that change disappears (ie the image goes back to what it was previously and I cant see the pin/handles) yet the change is recognised in the History panel. However on other images, particularly my most recent ones with my Panasonic G9 or GX9, those same adjustments work perfectly ie they display on the image when I release the mouse. I tried images from other cameras randomly. Orf files from an Olympus EM1 and EM5ii had the same problem but one from my old Olympus EM10 didnt. Similarly I could apply an adjustment brush to a Fuji XT2 raw image but it wouldnt "stay applied" to a Fuji XT1  raw file.

Any idea what might be causing this? Video of the problem uploaded with this query...

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Grad filters and brushes dont work on certain images

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've recently noticed that the grad filter and adjustment brushes dont seem to "stick" on certain images. For example I edited an older archive photo from my Olympus OMD EM5ii today. When I apply a graduated filter or adjustment brush I can see the change applied as I drag but when I release the mouse that change disappears (ie the image goes back to what it was previously and I cant see the pin/handles) yet the change is recognised in the History panel. However on other images, particularly my most recent ones with my Panasonic G9 or GX9, those same adjustments work perfectly ie they display on the image when I release the mouse. I tried images from other cameras randomly. Orf files from an Olympus EM1 and EM5ii had the same problem but one from my old Olympus EM10 didnt. Similarly I could apply an adjustment brush to a Fuji XT2 raw image but it wouldnt "stay applied" to a Fuji XT1  raw file.

Any idea what might be causing this? Video of the problem uploaded with this query...

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the Calibration > Process version? If the older images are on anything less than the current version, try changing it to see if you will  see a difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for replying. Yes they're on the current process and calibration
version.

kind regards

Chris Day

Chris Day
Chris Day Photography
| m: 07970 138506 | e: chrisdayphoto@gmail.com
w: www.chrisdayphoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0