Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradent filter rotation issue

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I've recently discovered a bug with the 10.3 release of LR Classic.

I shot a series of flat lays for a client with my camera clamped to a beam shooting straight down. When I import them into LR some are showing rotated 90 degrees because the auto rotate is confused because I shot straight down.

I've gone through and rotated them correctly, but when I apply a gradient and sync it across the whole shoot it rotates the gradient to match how I have rotated the images.

How do I stop this happening? LR never used to function this way. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...also. If I crop into an area of one image, then copy the gradient over to the next image (which is cropped in a differnt area) the gradient pastes relative to the crop, not the uncropped image.

I can see why professional photographers are leaving LR in their droves for Capture One. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR has always had bugs copying crops, local adjustments, spot removals, and transforms between photos.  LR 10.2 fixed some of these bugs but introduced new ones.  See this bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-correct-copying-of-crops-an...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, including details of your workflow. Be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobie will prioritize fixes, and you'll be notified when the status changes. Product developers rarely hang out in this forum here and won't see your post here.

While waiting for Adobe to fix the bugs, you can use the Copy Settings plugin, which fixes all the copying bugs (except for transforms).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers for letting me know about the other forum post John.

I can't believe that Adobe honestly thinks this is 'as-designed'. As John_R-Ellis posted on the forum this is not how all previous versions of LR have functioned. Which is why I have built my workflow around this feature functioning as previously. 

It make ZERO sense that adjustments would copy relative to cropping and not the entire frame. For example: the most obvious use for the clone/heal tool would be to clone out sensor dust spots that are consistent through an entire shoot on the first frame and then sync them across the entire shoot. Which now doesn't work if you've cropped any of those images prior to cloning and syncing.

Looks like I'll have to buy the Copy Settings plugin for $9.95. HEY ADOBE can you please discount that sum from my subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines