Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphical Issue leads to MacOS crashes while editing in LR Classic

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I'm experiencing heavy graphical issues mostly during photo editing in Adobe Lightroom Classic. I'm note sure wheter the issue is cause by Lightroom or by an error related to my graphics card, but maybe one can help me to find that out.

There are two levels of experiencing this issue.

1) "Soft" Graphical issues without crash

One can see in my YouTube video that the photo in Lightroom isn't displayed correctly while playing with the black and white bar.

https://youtu.be/jRsFzQrXxnU

Here some Screenshots:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-08 um 11.01.10.jpgBildschirmfoto 2020-11-08 um 11.01.23.jpg

2) Critical graphical issues with crash

If I don't stop editing at this point the display turns into disco-mode like this:

https://youtu.be/qCPBADsPGGI

Has anyone experiencaed the same or an similar issue? 

Thanks!

Specs:

Lightroom Classic V10.0 Build 202010011851-ef6045e0

MacOS Catalina V10.15.7

MacBook Pro Mid 2015, i7, 4x 2,8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 512GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that Lightroom itself is doing this. Software applications can't cause the OS to crash.

The first thing I would try is to re-install the GPU driver. I suppose it could also be a hardware malfunction, such as bad memory chips or bad GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure how a GPU driver update works in MacOS.

But I've observed the same issue (2) yesterday, without Loightroom running neither in the for- nor in the background. Instead I've had iMovie rinnung.

Thus this problem might be truly caused by my MacBook Pro. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines