Highlighted

Grey screen in Develop module!

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys!

My develop module doesn't work and I can't edit photos anymore in LR classic. It just happens as I updated LR to the latest version. I tried to uncheck the use gra

phic processor option but it doesn't work it's already stuck to off as you can see in the attached photo. Any help please?!

20200322_155539.jpg

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Grey screen in Develop module!

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys!

My develop module doesn't work and I can't edit photos anymore in LR classic. It just happens as I updated LR to the latest version. I tried to uncheck the use gra

phic processor option but it doesn't work it's already stuck to off as you can see in the attached photo. Any help please?!

20200322_155539.jpg

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a SCREEN SHOT (Not a picture of your screen taken with a camera) of the Develop module.

Set the Camera RAW Cache to something higher than 5 GBs (I have mine set to 40GBs).

Shut LR down and Restart your system. Open LR and test.

What OS are you using, And the Exact version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you actually have an image selected? If not then the develop module only shows a blank grey screen and the words "No photo selected" in the middle.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and sorry for the late reply! Actually I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. As you advised I changed my camera raw cache to 40 GB and restarted my system but nothing happened. Again I'm unable to change my camera raw GPU settings it seems stuck. you can find attached the screenshots you asked for! And Thank you for trying to help 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpgUntitledz.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes my photo is indeed selected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the image doesn't display in Develop, it's usually caused by a defective monitor profile.

You're on Windows 10, which is known to install low quality monitor profiles from monitor manufacturers when doing updates.

As troubleshooting, and as a possible temporary fix, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (use Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor).

Close Lightroom, then press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter.

Add the sRGB profile and set it as default.

If this fixes the issue, it is recommended that you calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator.

This will also create and install a custom monitor profile that accurately describes your monitor.

color-management.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dr_Light LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! I did what you advised but unfortunately it didn't work 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some things to clear up

1. GPU driver

Being a NVIDIA customer, my experiance with AMD product driver version naming is faulty, so I cannot state, absolutly, that your GPU driver is way out if date.

So, look for an AMD utility orogram to inspect/check/update your GPU driver. Should have been installed on your PC.

Never ever assume Windows Updates will do anything for GPU drivers, it will not (used to sometimes). Do not rely on Auto Updates, they fail.

A newer GPU driver could fix that use GPU problem (or not, how old us this GPU?). If you do indeed find a newer driver, accomplish a clean install.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second observation

2. Screenshot of Develop Module

Please show the entire screeen, lack of filmstrip weakans diagnostics.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines