Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greyed out images in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to import a catalog into Lightroom Classic and all the images are showing as greyed out.

I'm brand new to Lightroom, so please bear with me. I just bought a brand new MacBook Pro, with macOS Catalina, version 10.15.7. I also just downloaded the 10.2 version of Lightroom Classic.

I can't view the images when I double click on them. There's no message about duplicate images. I played around with the display, changing it to the sRGB one and the Adobe RGB one and neither one worked. I read something about needing to needing to calibrate the color for my computer, which seems crazy since this is a new computer.

Please help! I've been trying to figure this out myself for over 2 hours now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your screen-clip I interpret what I see-

1. You have Imported 85 photos- The Library is in Grid view mode, and you are still viewing the (temporary) collection of previews that is called "Current Import". (It changes when you next import more photos)

2. All the images are marked as being 'Smart Previews'. Why are you creating Smart Previews?

3. The grey blank images might suggest that LrC cannot find the original files to allow it to create the previews.

4. Expand your MacIntosh HD in the Folder panel so that you can see the folders that the photo files were saved in by the Import process.

Do you know what folder  'Destination' you used when you imported the files?

Does the folder of imported photos in the Folder panel show a Question mark [?] badge ??

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WobertC,

Thank you for your email, and helping me with this issue!

Please see my comments to your questions below:

2. The images I'm trying to import have 'Smart Preview.lrdata' and '.lrcat'
files

4. I've attached a print screen so you can see the LrC Folder panel.

The destination folder was the 'PEG Master Catalog' (You can see in the
attached print screen.)

No, I don't see a question mark in the Folder panel.

[image: Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 8.46.35 AM.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The images I'm trying to import

You HAVE already IMPORTED them!! You are looking at the 'Collection' list of the photos that have been imported last. (and you cannot import them again if they are already in the Catalog)

The destination folder was the 'PEG Master Catalog' (You can see in the attached print screen.)

Your photos will NOT be in a {Peg Master Catalog} folder. They will be at the 'Destination'  you set in the Import dialog.

To see a location of the photos (where Lightroom believes them to exist) as in the Folder Panel of Lightroom-  Expand all the sub-folders {2016 Weddin...} and {Styled Shoots}to get the 'full' picture.

You can drag the panels wider, or hide the very top {/} folder by a [Right-Click] and choose [Hide this Parent].

I don't see a question mark in the Folder panel.

Well I do!  Your folder {My Book for Mac} is missing! It shows a question mark, and all the sub-folders shown below. Your FOLDERS are not where Lightroom 'thinks' them to be. {2016 Weddin...} and {Styled Shoots}

ScreenShot027.jpg

Have a read of these linked articles-

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Adobe link)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines