Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grouping presets

Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to know how to get develop presets in Lightroom clustered together in the preset panel.

After a lot of examining of the .xmp files, I notice the .xmp files that are grouped contain a line of code

crs:Cluster="#01 PRESETS CLUB".

This appears to group presets with the same cluster name together. If I remove the text between the quotation marks in an .xmp file the relevant file is not grouped or clustered.

To modify this line in all my presets would take time.

I am using both presets I have created myself and presets I have purchased. 

The independent developers must have a way of doing this quickly or have special s/w which allows them to create the .xmp files with this info. Further testing indicates that this data in the cluster line must be in upper case otherwise it won't work and will in fact corrupts the preset panel.

If you look at the two screen shots I have attached it will explain it better.  Note there are a couple of presets that are clustered and some are not.  There must be a way of doing this.

However, after changing the line in a number of .xmp files, after import they appear in the all user presets group which then can't be renamed!

Hope I have made myself clear.

Regards,

Steve

PS_Presets.jpgPS_Prests2.jpg

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, this will do exactly what I want.  However, I should not have to use a plugin to achieve this.  There has to be a way to do this by using certain code in the xmp file as I can see others have done.  I have tried modifying the xmp files via notepad but I have not been successful in getting it absolutely correct, there must be other lines of code that need modifying to get the result I want.

My next step will be to contact the developers of the presets i have bough and see if they can shed any light on the issue.

Maybe I need an Adobe SDK.  I am still waiting on a response from Adobe on this.  I won't be holding my breath!

Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Did you manage to fix those presets? I can't figure out how to cluster them with this plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can't figure out how to cluster them with this plugin."

Send an email to the support email address with a few more details, and I'll be glad to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to edit the xmp file so that it will be automaticaly made into a group, you can add this code somewhere in the .xmp file and change the group name as you like.

<crs:Group>
<rdf:Alt>
<rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">Your group name</rdf:li>
</rdf:Alt>
</crs:Group>

The problem with the grouping is easily resolved in lightroom. When you add multiple files they all go into User Presets group. You can just rename the User Presets group and all the files will be automaticaly created as .xmp files with added group code to the "AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\User Presets" folder. After you add 1 group you can repeat the steps, every time you add new files they go into newly created User Presets group if you dont have one already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to be able to move your presets into clusters without coding you can! When you have saved your preset in Lightroom and designated it to a group by selecting 'New Group' (or a pre-existing group in your Lightoom) in the "Create Preset" pop up window.

To then designate that group to it's own cluster, open up Adobe Camera Raw, navigate to the preset section. Hold option (Mac) or alt (PC), and right click on the preset you want to put in a cluster, while still holding option / alt, select "Rename Preset". You will now get an advanced rename pop up window where you can designate the preset to a new cluster.

The preset organization system in Lightroom Classic still leaves much to be desired, so if you have a bunch of existing presets that need organization, you'll have to do so manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines