Highlighted

Grouping presets

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to know how to get develop presets in Lightroom clustered together in the preset panel.

After a lot of examining of the .xmp files, I notice the .xmp files that are grouped contain a line of code

crs:Cluster="#01 PRESETS CLUB".

This appears to group presets with the same cluster name together. If I remove the text between the quotation marks in an .xmp file the relevant file is not grouped or clustered.

To modify this line in all my presets would take time.

I am using both presets I have created myself and presets I have purchased. 

The independent developers must have a way of doing this quickly or have special s/w which allows them to create the .xmp files with this info. Further testing indicates that this data in the cluster line must be in upper case otherwise it won't work and will in fact corrupts the preset panel.

If you look at the two screen shots I have attached it will explain it better.  Note there are a couple of presets that are clustered and some are not.  There must be a way of doing this.

However, after changing the line in a number of .xmp files, after import they appear in the all user presets group which then can't be renamed!

Hope I have made myself clear.

Regards,

Steve

PS_Presets.jpgPS_Prests2.jpg

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Grouping presets

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to know how to get develop presets in Lightroom clustered together in the preset panel.

After a lot of examining of the .xmp files, I notice the .xmp files that are grouped contain a line of code

crs:Cluster="#01 PRESETS CLUB".

This appears to group presets with the same cluster name together. If I remove the text between the quotation marks in an .xmp file the relevant file is not grouped or clustered.

To modify this line in all my presets would take time.

I am using both presets I have created myself and presets I have purchased. 

The independent developers must have a way of doing this quickly or have special s/w which allows them to create the .xmp files with this info. Further testing indicates that this data in the cluster line must be in upper case otherwise it won't work and will in fact corrupts the preset panel.

If you look at the two screen shots I have attached it will explain it better.  Note there are a couple of presets that are clustered and some are not.  There must be a way of doing this.

However, after changing the line in a number of .xmp files, after import they appear in the all user presets group which then can't be renamed!

Hope I have made myself clear.

Regards,

Steve

PS_Presets.jpgPS_Prests2.jpg

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, this will do exactly what I want.  However, I should not have to use a plugin to achieve this.  There has to be a way to do this by using certain code in the xmp file as I can see others have done.  I have tried modifying the xmp files via notepad but I have not been successful in getting it absolutely correct, there must be other lines of code that need modifying to get the result I want.

My next step will be to contact the developers of the presets i have bough and see if they can shed any light on the issue.

Maybe I need an Adobe SDK.  I am still waiting on a response from Adobe on this.  I won't be holding my breath!

Regards,

Steve

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Did you manage to fix those presets? I can't figure out how to cluster them with this plugin.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can't figure out how to cluster them with this plugin."

Send an email to the support email address with a few more details, and I'll be glad to help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0