Highlighted

Guided Upright seems to be upside down

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported from two different cameras two pictures of the same motive. I then used the guided upright transform tool to avoid keystoning. Now I want to copy this settings from the first picture and paste it to the second one. It works. The problem is that the guidlines are 180° degrees upside down!

I did not turn any of the pictures but the two cameras were facing different sides up. So the orientation is automatically adjusted.

Can I change the orientation in the meta? Rotating the image will rotate the guidelines too...

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Guided Upright seems to be upside down

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported from two different cameras two pictures of the same motive. I then used the guided upright transform tool to avoid keystoning. Now I want to copy this settings from the first picture and paste it to the second one. It works. The problem is that the guidlines are 180° degrees upside down!

I did not turn any of the pictures but the two cameras were facing different sides up. So the orientation is automatically adjusted.

Can I change the orientation in the meta? Rotating the image will rotate the guidelines too...

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR doesn't properly copy local adjustments, crops, and transforms between images with different orientations (e.g. from an image with orientation = 0 degrees to one with orientation = 180 degrees). It's a long-standing bug from LR 2 that Adobe has decided not to fix:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/copied-radial-filter-effects-appears-on-mirro...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0