Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard Disk Failure - Need to reapply post processing changes to may saved photos

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LR Community,

I'm running LR6 and had a hard disk failure.  Photo's and LR catalogue were back up on my NAS.  I've transferred the photos back to a new hard drive successfully.  How do I tell LR to reapply the post processing enhancements that were made to the photos prior to the HD failure.  

Thanks so much for your help.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your processing work is all contained in the Catalog.

Transfer the Catalog from the NAS back to the new hard drive, (in addition to the photo files)

Open the Catalog in Lr6, (Double-click on the .LRCAT file)

Do NOT try to re-import any photos or synchronize folders!

If photos are shown as 'missing' - Re-link them in the catalog as in these articles-

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Adobe link)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted in the forum for Lightroom (cloud-based), so I will move this to Lightroom Classic.

You'll need to copy your catalog backup into your new drive, open it in Lightroom, and reconnect it to your new photos location. Please explain in more detail what you have already done, and we will help to get you the rest of the way there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding to the above: DO NOT IMPORT. This will not fix the problem and will most likely make this worse. DO NOT IMPORT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines