• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard Drive crashed. Need help re syncing photos

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I had my hard drive crash. I have most of my photos backed up on a friends drop box (i'm six months into this and just starting to get serious so working some of this stuff out still). My more recent ones I have left on my camera so I can re download those. Is it possible to re add the photos from dropbox, and from my camera, and get the edits I already have in my lightroom catalog to re sync to both the drop box files and camera files? Thanks for any advice. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have access to the Catalog, just not the photos? In that case, you would copy the photos from Dropbox to your computer and then point Lightroom Classic to the new location of the photos via these isntructions: www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Do not Import. This is so important, I am going to say it three more times in capital letters, so you know its important.

DO NOT IMPORT. DO NOT IMPORT. DO NOT IMPORT. DO NOT IMPORT. DO NOT IMPORT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HA! Thanks this makes sense. So I also have some on my camera. I suppose I can connect that to my computer and copy those files directly to the hard drive in a folder and follow these same instructions? Thanks for this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes I do have the catalog that was stored on my computer thankfully. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, same instructions for photos on the camera card. Copy them to a hard disk, then tell Lightroom Classic where to find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines