• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard drives in LR

New Here ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, sorry if this answer is here somewhere but I could not find.

I have all my photos on an external hard drive (E)

I've just re-installed LR on my new PC and after a bit of "messing about" with drive letters, all my photos were shown on drive E

This was 2 days ago, but when I turned on my PC (Windows) today none of the drive letters (either E (external) or C (laptop hard drive) are shown anymore in the library.

There were no "missing" photos shown.

If I go to "import photos" all the files then show up on the E drive, but I really don't want to "re-import" them because they were showing 2 days ago.

Probably I'm doing something wrong which is simple, but I'd appreciate any help please?

Thanks

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to manually assign a specific drive letter to that external drive, the same drive letter on both systems, if you are going to switch back and forth between them.

Then set LR to Look at that drive letter to find all your images.

Windows will always auto assign the next available drive letter to any external drive connected to the system. That is unless you manually assign a letter.

I start near the end of the alphabet. My externals are T and U.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't ever manually assigned drive letters this may be helpful: How to assign a drive letter in Windows 10 - TechRepublic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines