• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has something changed in the import protocols?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The import files function on my LR Classic seems to have changed. I import from an SD card, and it used to import the photos into my catalogues (organized by year) so that the photos arranged themselves by date shot within that year. NOW, it is importing them to the year folder, but under a totally new sub-folder titled SD Card, which means that I lose track of easy access to the dates each of my shots were done.  Same thing happens if I import from a desktop folder... it shows a new subfolder with desktop under the year. 

Any idea how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your import settings under Destination have changed. It is now specifying a specific folder, rather than capture date. Please see section 5 of this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/importing-photos-lightroom-basic-workflow.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  It turns out that it wasn't the destination that had changed, but that the import had shifted from "copy" to "move."  But your suggestion got me looking at things more closely, which helped me find the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines