Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hasselblad error library & preview

Participant ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Family,

Am having an issue exporting images (I select 165, and it exports 161), and then I find a few Hasselblad files are the culprit missing images.  When I go back into LR and see one of the files, it gives me an "unknown error".  I then copied the raw and xmp to desktop, deleted the image and tried to import both of them back into LR.

Then I get this error.

"Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo.  You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo. "

I then go to Finder and open the file in PS CC 2018 and it opens just fine.

I go back to import or Sync (because importing does copy it to the folder, and it gives me "Photos failed to build (1)" error

So what gives -- why is LR Classic giving me an issue with this (and 3 others).  I have other FFF files that are fine and dandy.  Any thoughts?

(Mac OSX 10.13.5 + Adobe Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 release + Adobe Raw 10.4)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange question perhaps, but what is the file name of those photos?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I wouldn't think so.  The file names aren't any different from these as to the others -- they are all sequentially numbered (Xxxx_Xxxxxx_0001_XXxxxxXxxxxxx_YYYMMDD)and for some reason 0001, 0015 and 0016 and 0018 are the culprits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jalleystudios  wrote

So what gives -- why is LR Classic giving me an issue with this (and 3 others).  I have other FFF files that are fine and dandy.  Any thoughts?

LR 7.4 and ACR 10.4 can use the same camera raw engine, but import and access the files differently. See this note:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

** Hasselblad FFF files created by the Hasselblad Phocus software for currently supported models are also supported. FFF files created using the FlexColor software are not supported.

Were these FFF files perhaps created using Flexcolor software? If you can post one of the bad FFF files to Dropbox or other file sharing site I can check the EXIF data for the software used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines