Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hasselblad plugin no longer works with my camera H5D 50C . Connection fails

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Mac OS 10.15.2, update to 10.15.3. Mac OS 10.15.2 broke tethering for many cameras and applications, and 10.15.3 has been reported to fix the problems. For example:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/problem-tethered-lightroom-catalina-canon-dec...

If Mac OS 10.15.3 doesn't fix your issue, or if you're on Windows, you should contact Hasselblad support, since they're responsible for the plugin.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm wondering if you've found a fix for this? I have the same problem with my X1Dii. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read johnrellis post above yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, sure did! And I've contacted Hasselbald and am waiting to hear back. But in the meantime since this thread is from 7 months ago, I'm hoping a user with experince in this issue has some new information (the essence of a forum). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off the phone with Hasselblad, they confirmed he plugin does not work any longer and it is up to Adobe to build a new one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'll be a long time waiting for Adobe to build a tethering plugin for Hasselblad.

This document provides details on the supported cameras from Canon and Nikon, and a note for cameras from other vendors:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Close to the bottom you'll find Other Cameras with following text:

Other cameras

For all other camera models that are not listed in this page, contact the camera manufacturer to get information about tethering support in Lightroom Classic.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, Adobe never produced a plugin for Hasselblad, so yes you'll be waiting a very long time.

John Ellis said above "you should contact Hasselblad support, since they're responsible for the plugin" or it may be that your client is using a plugin produced by Tethertools, in which case you should contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you can tether from the camera to the computer, a LR plugin may not matter. Instead, you use whatever tethering app to save files to a folder on the computer, and point LR's watched folder at it. This automatically imports new files in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct, Adobe does not make the plugins. Three different Hasselblad representatives told me the plugin is on Adobe to build and is out of thier hands. After speaking with an Adobe developer they reminded me that 1. If Adobe did make the plugin, they wouldn't! They would just make the camera compatible with LrC in the first place. They can't do that because they ony partner with Nikon and Canon, and don't have the 'time' to make other manufactures compatible. 2. If they did make the pligin, it wouldn't be available on the Hasselblad website, as the older plugin is located. 3. They downloaded the older plugin and confirmed it was developed by Hasselblad.  

I spoke again with Hasselblad and after relaying the information I received from Adobe, they finally admitted that they do in fact produce the plugins, but couldn't give me any information about when or if there will be an updated plugin for the X1Dii and H6D cameras. 

I understand they want thier camera users to work with Phocus, but it's simply an underdeveloped software right now. All of this is terribly disappointing given the X1Dii has been on the market for over a year. Also being lied to by several Hasselblad representatives reflects awfully poorly on them as a company, especially after spending $20K on thier equipment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also thanks for the work around, I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gerald5C9C, thanks for the detailed update -- that will help others.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines