Highlighted

HDR artifacting

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been a big fan of the HDR feature as of late, and I've noticed a strange behaviour while using HDR recently.

I use a Nikon D7500 with bracketing (3 photos) for the HDR, and noticed that I get some sort of artifacting on some of my photos (The other photos have faces of my friends on it, so I won't be attaching them), especially on highly-lit areas, for example a crop showing the problem:

hdr.png

original.png

I'm using the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic Version 9.3 andCamera RAW 12.3

My computer has Windows 10 with Intel i7-6700HQ, 16 GB RAM with GTX970M.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HDR artifacting

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been a big fan of the HDR feature as of late, and I've noticed a strange behaviour while using HDR recently.

I use a Nikon D7500 with bracketing (3 photos) for the HDR, and noticed that I get some sort of artifacting on some of my photos (The other photos have faces of my friends on it, so I won't be attaching them), especially on highly-lit areas, for example a crop showing the problem:

hdr.png

original.png

I'm using the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic Version 9.3 andCamera RAW 12.3

My computer has Windows 10 with Intel i7-6700HQ, 16 GB RAM with GTX970M.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
Jao vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue with the HDR feature in Lightroom. It happens because things in the image subtly shift and this shows up often at high contrast boundaries. To compensate you need to turn on the deghosting while doing the merge and play with the amount.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0