• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR10+ Support in Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is Lightroom going to get HDR10+ support?  I noticed that all of the videos I shot using HDR10+ will not import into Lightroom Classic.  Lightroom comes back with an error saying it cannot inport those videos.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Just tried to import a HDR HEVC file into CLassic on Mac OS X and it doesn't work there either. So Seems Classic doesn't support HDR video files. Probably something to suggest should be added at https://feedback.photoshop.com where Adobe takes suggestions and bug reports

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on windows? HEVC H265 encoded files, which your HDR10+ files probably are, are only supported on newer versions of Mac OS X.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/video-support-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10, and HDR10+ is the update to HDR10.  I'm pretty sure it doesn't use the HEVC H265 CODEC.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDR10+ is just a subset of HEVC/H265. Pretty sure that the only reason Classic doesn't read them is because you are on windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried to import a HDR HEVC file into CLassic on Mac OS X and it doesn't work there either. So Seems Classic doesn't support HDR video files. Probably something to suggest should be added at https://feedback.photoshop.com where Adobe takes suggestions and bug reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I imported it into Premier and it says its, "HEVC 10 bit 4:2:0"  I figured Adobe would provide support for HDR10 and HDR10+ by now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They do in Premiere and others but not in Classic for some reason. On Windows they don't even support normal bit depth HEVC files in Classic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines