Highlighted

HEIC format unreadable on version 9.2 {SOLVED}

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I recently have updated LrC on my Mac and all my HEIC files of collections were unreadable and I couldnt import them as well. How can Adobe make such a error? Problem solved (just downgraded) but this is unaccetable... This means I cannot use the current version anymore. And I have the latest version of MacOS Catalina 10.15.

Edit = Same problem on Photoshop... Another downgrade done... 😞

Solved by reinstalling Lightroom and Photoshop.

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HEIC format unreadable on version 9.2 {SOLVED}

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I recently have updated LrC on my Mac and all my HEIC files of collections were unreadable and I couldnt import them as well. How can Adobe make such a error? Problem solved (just downgraded) but this is unaccetable... This means I cannot use the current version anymore. And I have the latest version of MacOS Catalina 10.15.

Edit = Same problem on Photoshop... Another downgrade done... 😞

Solved by reinstalling Lightroom and Photoshop.

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To test my understanding, after you updated LR, HEIC files that had been previously imported into your catalog were "unreadable", and you could no longer import new HEIC files. I don't think this is a problem that affects most people, since we would have seen many, many reports by now, so it's likely specific to your configuration, catalog, or photos.

Initial troubleshooting steps:

1. Please copy here the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info, so we know exactly which version of LR you're running (you said 9.2 but the two most recent versions are 9.2.1 and 9.3).

2. For HEIC files that were in your catalog before you updated, please describe in more detail what you're seeing and provide screenshots of any error messages and what you're seeing.

3. For HEIC files that you're not able to implort, please describe in detail which steps you're taking to import them, where you are importing them from (hard disk, card reader, phone connected by USB cable), and provide screenshots of any error messages and what you're seeing.

How to make a screenshot: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/help/createscreenshot/

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

To answer your questions:

Exactley, after I updated LrC to version 9.2.1 and MacOS Catalina 10.15.5, my HEIC files (wich were working normaly before) it couldn't be read .

BUT I reinstalled the same version and it worked, maybe it was some bug.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's working now. If it stops working again, post back with the more detailed information.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines