Highlighted

Heic's in LR CLASSIC not able to develop: what can I do?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Lightroom Classic CC 9.2.1
  • Camera Raw 12.2.1
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.5
  • iPhone 8 iOs 13.4.1

• Camera app in Settings is set to High Efficiency HEIF/HEVC
  • Photos settings import to Mac or pc Automatic

I can import HEIC pictures, but the last weeks I want to develop them and it is impossible. Is their any easy sollution to this. 
All new import???
And how because I am still looking for a way to find the "automatically open all supported JPEG and HEICs" (see picture). I know where look but I dont know how to change it and make it work...

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-04 om 17.24.17.png

Camera preferences are in Dutch... but it should be quite the same layout in english. What is there I should change.  

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-04 om 17.06.44.png

Please help me. 

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Heic's in LR CLASSIC not able to develop: what can I do?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Lightroom Classic CC 9.2.1
  • Camera Raw 12.2.1
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.5
  • iPhone 8 iOs 13.4.1

• Camera app in Settings is set to High Efficiency HEIF/HEVC
  • Photos settings import to Mac or pc Automatic

I can import HEIC pictures, but the last weeks I want to develop them and it is impossible. Is their any easy sollution to this. 
All new import???
And how because I am still looking for a way to find the "automatically open all supported JPEG and HEICs" (see picture). I know where look but I dont know how to change it and make it work...

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-04 om 17.24.17.png

Camera preferences are in Dutch... but it should be quite the same layout in english. What is there I should change.  

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-04 om 17.06.44.png

Please help me. 

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

"I can import HEIC pictures, but the last weeks I want to develop them and it is impossible."

What happens when you take one of the photos into Develop?  If there's an error message, please give the exact wording or provide a screenshot.

Untitled.png

This applies to Adobe Camera Raw but not to LR. In LR, you don't need to do anything special to import and develop HEICs.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says in Dutch:  Het bestand wordt niet ondersteund of het is beschadigd. 

translated: The file is not supported or it is damaged. 
The strange thing I see it with all the HEIC files exept the ones I did already develop. And new ones I did import just yesterday are with a ! as well. And Heics of months ago as well even in different places. So that is why  I do not think they are damaged..  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0