• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help defining this style

Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for asking such basic questions, I'm obviously very new to all of this, and took some screen shots of some styles that I want to work on. I understand that these are not a big deal in terms of what is going on, and they may not even be very good in terms of how they went about doing it. I'm just trying to define a style that I seem to like as a starting point.

https://imgur.com/a/0pVFX3m

1. How would you describe these screen shots from a few different videos? To my very newbie eye, they seem high contrast with very muted/desaturated colors.

2. How else might you describe these?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try one of the provided Adobe Profiles to achieve similar 'starting' results-

eg. Modern 05, Vintage 02.

Then tweak the Develop adjustments to your liking.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these styles considered modern and vintage? Just trying to understand what I'm even lookin at.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe "muted". I do not see "High Contrast" in the linked samples.

I describe them as "satisfying to me".

"Style" is something you develop yourself in your editing techniques, or you can copy a Style and have your images/videos look like many others using the same style. And it can depend entirely on the content of your images if any particular style might 'improve' them.

Edit to please yourself! Hopefully others will like YOUR style.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you planning to do a great deal of video editing?

Or are your needs occasional and for your own enjoyment and personal growth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for a style for both photos and video. I am planning to a lot of video editing as well as stuff for my own enjoyment.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After your initial work then I would be taking your video files to a dedicated non-destructive editor.

There are many, and some more complex then others.

This need will depend on your outcome requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines