Highlighted

HELP! I lost all my photos from 2019 when I updated to the new Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't even open up the Lightroom Classic (the light blue version) and was forced to download and update to the new Lightroom Classic. When I did that, it didn't update all my photos. The last time I backed up my lightroom was 2018, and I can't seem to figure out how to get the photos back. I'm desperate for help and am not very tech savvy. 

Topics

Crash or freeze, Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP! I lost all my photos from 2019 when I updated to the new Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't even open up the Lightroom Classic (the light blue version) and was forced to download and update to the new Lightroom Classic. When I did that, it didn't update all my photos. The last time I backed up my lightroom was 2018, and I can't seem to figure out how to get the photos back. I'm desperate for help and am not very tech savvy. 

Topics

Crash or freeze, Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is the Version NUMBER of your "light blue version"?

Both icons are 'Blue'!

ScreenShot005.jpg

Screen-clip and post  the report you see from the MENU: Help > System Info

(Use the [Insert Photos] icon above your post to include the screen-clip)

It is very likely that you opened an 'old' catalog that does not have the 2019 photos referenced.

Search your computer with a File Browser for all Catalog files that have the .LRCAT file-type,

or in Lr-Classic go- File > Open Recent and see if LrC can find other Catalogs that are more recent.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version converted and or opened the wrong catalog. Search your hard drive for files ending in .lrcat and or in LrC go to the File menu and select, hover over, "Open Recent" and see what is listed. If there is more than One catalog listed open the other and see if youj images are in that one.

Please NOTE that there are NO actual image files in the LrC catalog file. It is just a database file where Records, References, are made to where your images are stored on you hard drive. So you have NOT Lost any images. They are still on your hard drive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were probably using a different catalog, and the one that was converted was not the one you were using with the photos after 2019. You need to find the catalog file you were using and update that. Have your operating system search all disk(s) for files whose name ends with .LRCAT, one of those is the one you want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines