• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help importing Moving Images "MVIMG" to Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration of the below question. 

I have a series of images that I want to import to Lightroom Classic which were originally on my Google Pixel 3 phone. The prefix of each image is "MVIMG" and the file extension is ".jpg"

These files are not able to be recognized by Windows and will not be imported by Lightroom with the "The files appear to be unsupported or damaged." message.

I am not 100% certain of this, since google searches and searching of this forum did not turn up anything declarative, but I wonder if these are Google's "Live images" which are the 2-3 second looping photos that can be taken with the camera. The images appear in a folder with some JSON files, by the way (pictured, below). 

Does anybody know a way that these files can be both recognized by Windows as well as imported into Lightroom? I would hate to not have any cataloging capability for these images. If I am correct that these are the "Live images," I am less concerned about the looping animation and more concerned just with having access to the still image at exposure from the camera. 

Thank you again,

James

Annotation 2020-03-29 141928.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These images have a .json extension which is a file type from an export from a wordpress site. You can try to change the file type and remove the .json which appears after the .jpg and that may work however it's curious that you would export from WP site rather than work with your original photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I very much appreciate the time you took to reply.

These files have nothing to do with Wordpress. JSON is just a javascript based file format. The JSON file is just 1 KB, but just to be safe I changed the extension as you noted but this had no impact. 

Thank you anyway for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines