Highlighted

HELP LIBRARY IS ALL MESSED UP Classic and Cloud

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with lightroom cc the cloud based version, found out I was missing all the good stuff and tried to use classic, it failed to properly download all the files to my computer and I had to have the folders sent to an external drive.  I had help from adobe but they left all the old folders and it didnt load all the images.  So I tried again for a third time, had every image in the cloud downloaded to a new folder, deleted the old images and then I was great on the desktop except I wasnt synced and was missing all the edited settings.  Then I saw that that was syncing but now I was watching all the images get erased from the cloud, I restored the images, and now its downloading everything all over again to my harddrive.  I contacted support and they were not much help this tim, told me they had to research this and whould get back to me in 34 hours.  Im watching my hard drive slowly get filled up. I cant work.
I am not sure what to do now.

TOPICS
Download and install, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP LIBRARY IS ALL MESSED UP Classic and Cloud

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with lightroom cc the cloud based version, found out I was missing all the good stuff and tried to use classic, it failed to properly download all the files to my computer and I had to have the folders sent to an external drive.  I had help from adobe but they left all the old folders and it didnt load all the images.  So I tried again for a third time, had every image in the cloud downloaded to a new folder, deleted the old images and then I was great on the desktop except I wasnt synced and was missing all the edited settings.  Then I saw that that was syncing but now I was watching all the images get erased from the cloud, I restored the images, and now its downloading everything all over again to my harddrive.  I contacted support and they were not much help this tim, told me they had to research this and whould get back to me in 34 hours.  Im watching my hard drive slowly get filled up. I cant work.
I am not sure what to do now.

TOPICS
Download and install, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Lightroom Classic and Lightroom (cloud-based) apps on the same Computer?

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the mistake of using both on one computer, I think I fixed it sorta.  Lost all my albums, had to wipe the cloud clean and start with a backed up Lightroom classic, missing the preview images I think and it's a bit slow.  Lesson I've learned this week is Adobe tech support is as knowledgeable as I am, I thought they knew more but they kept setting me back.  Once the cloud was corrupted I should have wiped everything, I had classic working perfect, or at least showing all my images, but then it would try to sync and download everything all over again.   My internet is fixed wireless, not the fastest.  This is day 6 of trying to fix it.  
Also, big thing I am happy all my albums were backed up on a second hard drive, they are in jpeg format but I have all the raw files, they are just not organized.  
I do dog photography for a rescue, I have over a hundred albums of different dogs.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
ABYNORML LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue today was I finally figured out that nothing would work till I wiped the cloud, I did that but it gave sync issues as it was syncing from my laptop, the tech helping me was convinced I should delete the issues, even after I told her multiple times the sync issues said it was just not finished syncing.  I was gullible and said sure let's try it her way.  That screwed things up and I had to relaunch the backed up classic catalog and wipe the cloud again.  It giving the same sync issues but now they are starting to disappear.  All my photos are still there, and my edits.  It's been a very long week.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0