- I recently opened Lightroom and due to the update a new copy of Lightoom Catalogue was created on my desktop under the name "Lightoom Catalog-2-v10.Ircat" which worked fine.
- I did some work and uploaded some new photos and then Lightroom Crashed due to an empty battery. When I re-started Lightoom it didnt restart with the new copy and suggested I again I make a new copy which was called "Lightoom Catalog-2-v10-v10-2.Ircat"
- But this catalogue "Lightoom Catalog-2-v10-v10-2.Ircat" doesnt have the new images I uploded and the work I has already done. Now I cant locate the catalogue "Lightoom Catalog-2-v10.Ircat".
- I have already searched this and found some info about the LOCK file which I have located on my Desktop and already moved to file" Lightoom Catalog-2-v10.Ircat.Lock" to the trash bin and permanently deleted it but still my Desktop is still not showing the orginal catalogue "Lightoom Catalog-2-v10.Ircat" and I cant locate in anywhere using finder.
- I have Quit lightoom using Task Manager and restarted the Macbook but it still doesnt appear.
- Can anyone help my locate this Catalogue "Lightoom Catalog-2-v10.Ircat"?
- is it that by creating yet another copy "Lightoom Catalog-2-v10-v10-2.Ircat" by accident I have somehow overwritten this file and lost the work I did and the images I uploaded (I still have these on the SD card thankfully).
Thank you in advance for any help!
Sorry and just to add if I try to open the orginal catalogue file "Lightoom Catalog-2.Ircat" it asks me to create another copy which would be called "Lightoom Catalog-2-v10-v10-3.Ircat"
Use your operating system's search feature to find the catalog you want, as you clearly know the name. Once you find it, double-click on it.
Thank you replying.
It turns out I have overwritten the last catalogue by accident and its not possible to revert back.
Look in the Backup folder for a recent LrC V9 catalog backup.
The upgrade process does not delete or over write those.