• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Lightroom Payment on Free version?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have fairly no experience with adobe apps on the iPad, but I know how useful is Lightroom on desktop. So about 2 years ago I have downloaded the Lightroom app off of appstore and used it just for a bit back then. Nothing was charged on my account for Lightroom or Adobe creative cloud. Recently, couple months ago, I've started using it again regularly and everything went as smooth as before. However, now I cannot use the app anymore and everytime I want to do the most basic edits I am restricted by a pop-up screen reminding me to renew my subscription and get the newest features! I have never had a subscription! Now, I understand the app offers certain special festures for a monthly payment, but I've never used those nor do I want them. If there was an update that stopped or limited the free access, there was no notice for it.

My questions would be, is there some sort of update that caused the free period to end? Or is it an error? If I want to start using Lightroom ever again I have to sign up for the subscription? Is that also including the special features?
Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you app on your iPad may have updated to a new version with updated profiles and new features which requires a subscription. Just my thoughts.

Are you using Lightroom on your computer also?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, very much appreciate it. I guess that just might be the case Funny how it got to work free for so long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Mobile is a free app!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/adobe-lightroom-photo-editor/id878783582

My guess is that you may have installed Lightroom Classic or Lightroom Desktop free trial on another system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free version is not fully functional, no sync, no cloud storage etc. as far as I am aware.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"However, now I cannot use the app anymore and everytime I want to do the most basic edits I am restricted by a pop-up screen reminding me to renew my subscription and get the newest features! I have never had a subscription! Now, I understand the app offers certain special festures for a monthly payment, but I've never used those nor do I want them."

Pretty clear Robin is not using the "premium" paid features. Something else happened that changed it to a paid account. Try cancelling any "paid subscriptions" that may be showing in your Adobe account as oultlined at the below link. This should revert it to a "free" account.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines