Highlighted

HELP/ Link to Lightroom 5 download is missing from my account/ Software Download 404

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening All,

My name is Sam and I looking for someone that can help me with the following request: 

I paid for a perpetual license for Lightroom 5 back in Apr 7, 2014, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Student and Teacher Edition US$83.94  and now need to reinstall it on my new Mac.

I then tried going to the Order History section of my Adobe account, and my Lightroom 5 purchase shows up there, but when I click on download, I get the following error: "Sorry, this software is currently unavailable for download.  Please report this error to your associated Partner Help Desk.  Apologies for any inconvenience".

I then opened a support case, but the support agent told me the following " I have checked the serial number for Lightroom 5 and would like to inform you that the application is no more compatible with MAC OS." but then Shabnam said "You can upgrade to the latest application of Creative Cloud all apps in which you will get the application Lightroom and you would be able to use on MAC High Sierra." I know that is not true because I was using LR on Mac High Sierra before.

So I am here and see if you guys could help me with this request or give me some advice.

Any help appreciated!

Sincerely 

Sam

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP/ Link to Lightroom 5 download is missing from my account/ Software Download 404

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening All,

My name is Sam and I looking for someone that can help me with the following request: 

I paid for a perpetual license for Lightroom 5 back in Apr 7, 2014, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Student and Teacher Edition US$83.94  and now need to reinstall it on my new Mac.

I then tried going to the Order History section of my Adobe account, and my Lightroom 5 purchase shows up there, but when I click on download, I get the following error: "Sorry, this software is currently unavailable for download.  Please report this error to your associated Partner Help Desk.  Apologies for any inconvenience".

I then opened a support case, but the support agent told me the following " I have checked the serial number for Lightroom 5 and would like to inform you that the application is no more compatible with MAC OS." but then Shabnam said "You can upgrade to the latest application of Creative Cloud all apps in which you will get the application Lightroom and you would be able to use on MAC High Sierra." I know that is not true because I was using LR on Mac High Sierra before.

So I am here and see if you guys could help me with this request or give me some advice.

Any help appreciated!

Sincerely 

Sam

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What MACOS?

Catalina?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I found the solution. if anyone else is having the same problem, they can use this link http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_7_1.dmg and it works perfect.

The O.S is MAC High Sierra.

Cheers.

Sam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scoreas, please be open to some advice.

Save this file you downloaded for any future needs. You may not be so fortunate next time to find the download link, which Adobe could change/disable at any time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood.

Thanks!!!

Cheers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"if anyone else is having the same problem, they can use this link http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_7_1.dmg and it works perfect."

Hmm, I just tried that link with two different browsers on two different networks, and I got "404 Not Found" each time.

Future readers can refer to this post for tested download links for LR 4 and 5 / Mac and Windows:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478?pag...

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines