• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help please - Lightroom 2015.7 develop panels go black as in "blacked out"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem when developing any pictures in Lightroom on my IMac which is running Sierra. After a while the two side panels simply black out. I have to close down LR and restart it to continue.

I've deleted LR and reinstalled it several times.

I've adjusted the preferences

Nothing seems to work

Screen shot attached

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 20.57.47 copy.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

No, this didn't work, but resetting Preferences did!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an annoying bug I sometimes run into in Lightroom too. Generally switching modules (hit g and then hit d again or doing a few hits on the tab key) will bring the panels back. This is not related to the lights out mode but some bug that under some conditions (usually switching between applications) makes Lightroom forget to draw the buttons and sliders in the panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but resetting preferences does not work.

I have noticed what does make it blank out. in SOME folders if I click on particular images THEN it vanishes and the only way to get it back is to minimize it and then bring it back up. I am in OSX newest version as well. If that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but resetting preferences does not work. I have noticed what does make it blank out. in SOME folders if I click on particular images THEN it vanishes and the only way to get it back is to minimize it and then bring it back up. I am in OSX newest version as well. If that makes any difference.

This bug was introduced in CC 2015.8 / 6.8 and has been acknowledged by Adobe: Lightroom 2015.8 / 6.8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photosho... .  If the problem gets too annoying, the only reliable workaround is to roll back to 2015.7 / 6.7: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous/

Please add your me-too vote and details of your issue to the bug report, making it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix.  (Don't just link back here -- Adobe probably won't read it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most annoying! When will Adobe fix this????!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Mac Sierra thing. No problems here with Windows 7.

Adobe will fix all the Mac OS X problems when Apple stop changing the OS from point release to point release.

It is my firm belief Apple does this specifically to screw with the user base and software vendors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have removed & reinstalled it twice, even deleted preferences and that was only a short term fix.

Seems to be ONLY when CERTAIN folders / pics are selected. Even made it rediscover the folders but no go.

This is really getting annoying when I have over 30 folders that do this very same thing.

BTW hitting L doesn't afffect it a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too! It's terribly annoying!!!!

I'm working in Sierra and my workaround is to minimize briefly; sometimes this works. I hate having to interrupt my workflow to restart the program.

Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum in which Adobe product developers rarely participate. Please see this previous post for how to provide feedback to Adobe and an alternative workaround: Re: Help please - Lightroom 2015.7 develop panels go black as in "blacked out"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happening to me too -- only now after updating to latest version.  I thought it had to do something with my extra large library/catalog and it happened as I was importing, and trying to do other things.  I guess from the OP and to others that it's all too common. 

Hope the bug gets fixed soon, shutting down LR and restarting helped in my current case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines