• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help repairing corrupted catalog

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my Lightroom froze and crashed while I was backing up and now the catalog is corrupted. I hadn't shut the programme in ten days so I'll have lost about 1000 photos worth of work! Really need to suss out how to fix it - can anyone PLEASE help?

I have a Mac - OS Catalina 10.15.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think the catalog is corrupted? What error message do you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one. I've tried to repair numerous times and it says it can't do itScreenshot 2020-10-26 at 20.57.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, if clicking on "Repair catalog" doesn't work, I don't think there is a way to repair the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. New computer, new account with Adobe to get the latest Lightroom Classic. Have imported all my 39.000+ pictures. Today, suddenly, when closing and selected to do a backup of Catalog, i got same error message as you got. I could not repair by selecting repair... So, i removed old Catalog and LR Classic software from my PC, reinstalled LR Classic and started from the beginning with Import of my pictures. After about 5.000 pictures I was closing the software and a backup of Catalog was made, no problem. Started again, imported another 5.000 pictures more. Closed the software to check if all ok making a backup of Catalog again. Now i got that error message again and it is not possible to repair!!?? Frustrating! Is it the 10.0 version that causes this problem? I've never had this kind of problem the first weeks when all was new in beginning of November. Anyone that knows what the problem may be or if Adobe maybe looks into this Community and reaches out for support??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlikely that version 10 is the cause, but you can move the version 9.4 and see if the same thing happens. If the same thing happens, then this is most likely a hardware malfunction, probably a hard disk malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My LR just crashed about 10 mins ago. When I treid to re-open it said cannot find catalogue. It asked me to update to V10 which I did but I seem to have lost everything I was working on for weeks. I am freaking out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines