• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with having LR6.14 finding catalogs and pictures after reinstall on new Hard Drive with Windows

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had previously posted a question regarding Help with Photoshop CS6 migration from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/help-with-photoshop-cs6-migration-from-windows-8-1-to-windo...

We had problems cloning my old hard drive for installing Windows 10.  We found that what was thought to be a hybrid drive was actually a small SSD mounted on the mother board and a 1 TB HD was a separate drive.  There were errors on the Drive C that prevented our cloning the drive before installing Windows 10.  Windows 10 was installed on the new SSD drive and due to the problems and the contents of Drive C and Drive D (data) were copied to the new SSD 2 TB HD which only has a drive C with no partitioning.  I can't evend read Drive C but have copied it to 2 external HDs.

I have been able to install Photoshop PS6.13 and LR6.14 onto the new Windows 10 SSD HD.  Unfortunately I have been unable to find the LR catalogs having been installed onto the new Drive C.  But, was able to find them on my 2 external drives.  Unfortunatley I opened one and made an error and LR rewrote part of the saved catalog.  But, I copied all of the LR catalog information from the other external HD to the same location on the new Drive C.  

LR recognizes that there are catalogs, but it is now unable to find the photos because they are no longer on Drive D but now on Drive C - This PC > Pictures > Lightroom.

LR doesn't know where they are.  How do I make the changes so that LR6.14 can find the photos that are on the drive.  How to do I make corretions so that LR6.14 can not only find/see the catalogs but also find all of the assoicated Photo folders?

I am very reluctant to try to import the files the picture files for any day because I am concerned about another issue.

Also, I still have to install all of the Profiles and Presets for some settings and cameras. I presume, that those can be installed after we can set and figure out how to make the appropriate settings for LR to find the images.

Thanks for your assistance.

Rich

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Richard today I lost my Lightroom LR6.14 because of a bad windows security update. I have the DVD for lightroom 6.  and I installed it again, but I can not find the updates files for lr6.14 any place on Adobe. Would you help me how did you do that for your old LR and PS6?  

Please, thanks for your help. Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines