• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

high noise raw files with Fujifilm

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a 3200 iso milky way shot i took and noticed the noise has a wormy look and found out this is a known thing with fujiflm sensor. I downloaded trial of Capture One and was shocked to see how much better it handles a fujifilm raw files. There was no wormy noise. even when i took the default noise setting from 50 down to 0!

I really DO NOT wanna move and learn new software and Im locked into lightroom How come lightroom cannot handle raw files in the same way?

I  wish I could get a response from the developers and no idea how to reach them. hopefully this message will 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Tough to respond with any suggestions on how to handle noise reduction without at least a screen capture showing the issue(s). However, Capture One and Lightroom use two very different sets of algorithms for when processing files. Often, both companies will need to reverse engineer RAW processing as most camera manufactures do not share their algorithms. However, Capture One/Phase One and FujiFilm have a partnership, so perhaps they have a little inside information.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tough to respond with any suggestions on how to handle noise reduction without at least a screen capture showing the issue(s). However, Capture One and Lightroom use two very different sets of algorithms for when processing files. Often, both companies will need to reverse engineer RAW processing as most camera manufactures do not share their algorithms. However, Capture One/Phase One and FujiFilm have a partnership, so perhaps they have a little inside information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for taking the time to reply Joseph. thats clear enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines