• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight Destination Folder When Dragging a File

Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic v10 is there any way to highlight the destination folder a little brighter when dragging a file from one folder to another?  It highlights the destination folder but the highlighting is barely visible.  I'm afraid I'm going to drag the file to the wrong folder because it's hard to see which folder I'm moving the file to.  I tried adjusting the background color for the main and secondary windows and those changes didn't have any effect.  Lightroom 7 used to highlight the destination folder a little better.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are effectively no settings in LR for changing the interface look - only, for hiding or re-ordering some of the interface elements, also the background colour of the workspace / Lights Out both of which are functional selections. AFAICT the different tones of grey used, do presume a properly calibrated / adjusted screen with well discriminated tones right through the scale - failing which, sufficient contrast between these tones can easily become an issue. 

Lightroom is not really optimised in its interface or in its features, for acting as a standard file organiser BTW - that was not its design focus AFAICT. If you can possibly manage to handle image files just once, systematically at import (or getting LR to execute this automatically for you) - then further operations within LR need pay little attention to their actual folder locations and this is positively liberating IMO. There are so many, so much more flexible, ways to manage them "virtually".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Richard, thanks for the response. It's a minor detail for sure. However,
when something worked well in a previous version and no longer works well,
it's especially irritating. Another thing that has always annoyed me about
Lightroom is that the scroll bars on the left and right side of the screen
are too narrow. I complained about that in release 1.0 and nothing has
changed. I'm always missing those with my mouse cursor and causing
problems.

Jeff Goulden Photography

Nature, Wildlife and Landscape Photography

www.JeffGouldenPhotography.com

Phone: (928) 440-3637

Mobile: (253) 691-9258

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines