• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

History shows all the work done but is not being applied to photo

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An old photo had many black spots and lines which I had taken some hours to remove with the Spot Removal tool and this is shown in the History window. For some reason all that work is NOT now reflected in the photo. What has happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the little toggle switch, bottom left of adjustment panel is not switched off.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2012/07/toggling-changes-made-in-a-single-panel-in-lightroom-4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all the 'light switches' are on. Clicking the back-slash key does take it back to the original raw dng file, but I had removed all the spots and I can't get back to that state. It looks as though I'll have to remove them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you viewing this photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Develop window. I have had a few computer crashes lately and wonder if that may account for the loss of the work. I now also have 2 DNG files that are no longer editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the files read only? 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

If you are not seeing any warning dialogs, go to your Lightroom  preferences > general tab > click ”reset all warning dialogs”.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure a history state, an edit you accomplished, did not remove the spot healing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fellow members, if the OP were to turn on save xmp and were to share the photo and the xmp, could we then look at the history states in the exempler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines