Highlighted

Horizontal black lines

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I took some pictures using a sigma 56mm lens on Sony A6400 and had black horizontal lines on all the pictures.  It was in a studio type of setup with lighting and i am wondering if it's due to the lighting?

I'm very new to photography so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

George

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Horizontal black lines

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I took some pictures using a sigma 56mm lens on Sony A6400 and had black horizontal lines on all the pictures.  It was in a studio type of setup with lighting and i am wondering if it's due to the lighting?

I'm very new to photography so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

George

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be difficult to evaluate the problem by looking at the XMP file. Posting a JPEG copy would be much better. And don't attach it the way you did. Use the website and attach the image using the icon at the top of the message box.

Annotation 2020-07-21 184019.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jim - appreciate the reply.  they were originally suppoed to be the raw files, but i converted to jpg, hopefully this is better.

horizontal lines.jpghorizontal lines-2.jpghorizontal lines-3.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw files will not display on the forum. The way your displayed these images is the way to do it. Maybe someone else will have the answer to what the problem is. My only guess (and it IS a guess) is that it could possibly be in electrical interference from all the other gear in the room. But I really don't know. Stay tuned, someone with much greater expertise may have better insight.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest the problem is the 60Hz strobing of the lighting that is interacting with the camera sensor scanning.

Info in this link-

https://photofocus.com/photography/mirorrless-camera-maniac-dealing-with-flickering-lights/

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I will have an opportunity in the same situation next week and will adjust shutter speed.  Interestingly, this was a sigma 56mm, but there were no issues with my sigma 16mm.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you settng the flash for high-speed sync? See the bottom of this post.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00122281

Also discussed in these DPReview posts.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/54549511

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/54549511

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 1