• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horrid colors coming from Panasonic S1/S1H RAW

Participant ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just look at how horrible the color is in this photo! The orange in the gentelman's sweatshirt is almost glowing radioactive!

What gives Adobe?

Here is a link to a RAW file from the Panasonic S1H so you can see just how bad this image is.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1axQ4xuRmXv7WEPoFPwFa_agIjxS79Zzz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what the sweatshirt is supposed to look like, but the general colors in the image look OK to me.

P1015057.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is even if you tweaked the saturation up to 20, the shirst and some of the roses go completely neon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a "normal" orange sweatshirt on my monitor as well. What monitor profile are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the monitor profile for my specific NEC calubrated monitor.The issue isn't just with "how it looks", any tweaks to the image rail the histogram to crazy levels in the red channel also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Raw, man. You don't like Adobe default rendering, you have the power to change it. That's why you shot Raw, right? Ya' know, the personal touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used every other profile (including Adobe's default) from camera specific settings, but I always have to bring the red channel down in order to get a somewhat normal image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naturally we have no idea what Profile you are applying. Default? Try a camera matching one.

Otherwise, the Orange does not scream out dayglow on my rig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the monitor profile for my specific NEC calubrated monitor.The issue isn't just with "how it looks", any tweaks to the image rail the histogram to crazy levels in the red channel also.
The issue is even if you tweaked the saturation up to 20, the shirst and some of the roses go completely neon.

I'm not seeing any of this on my screen.

Please post a screenshot of the entire Lightroom window with the unedited image open in Develop.

Make sure that the History panel is visible and expanded on the left, and that the Histogram and Basic panels are visible and expanded on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as this is a raw file, and opened in Win 10 photos app, I do get this:

screenshot 2.jpg

But when opened in ACR in Photoshop (which is the same engine as in Lightroom Classic) I get this - opened in ACR in Photoshop - profile is set to Adobe Standard:

Screenshot1.jpg

So, probably, it is something to do with your colour profiles, or, your monitor profile.

I don't see any abnormal colour issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS.. everything is set to zero here.

Screenshot1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To members

If the OP was to save the edits to an xmp file, and then share that along with the RAW file, could we then see someting different? Perhaps see what the OP copy of LRC is doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your system information as lightroom classic reports it. In lightroom click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that into a reply. Interested in info from first line down to and including plug-in info, not interested in info after plug-in info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your Develop module. Make sure that History panel is shown, that Histogram is shown. Make sure that Basic Panel is shown.

Also, check other edit panels for anything modified from zero, have those panels shown as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, a screenshot of /Preferences/Presets/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines