• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How 2 different users can use the same catalogue of LR6.14 on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the same computer I have two user accounts (a. Administrator; b. Standard) in Windows 10 pro. I have the license for LR6 version 14. For security reasons I no longer want to use LR on the Administrator account but on a new standard user account. When I launch LR on this last account I cannot find my usual settings because it is as if we had just installed LR. What should I do to be able to work on it without having to start all over again? Thank you in advance.

(Edited by Moderator)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a Windows user my entire life, but I have never dealt with multiple accounts. The only way I can see that the same catalog and be used with both accounts would be if the catalog is in a folder that is accessible by both accounts and the images would also have to be accessible by both accounts. How that is done is something that I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the settings you can’t find are things like preferences and presets, it’s probably because those are always tied to a specific account. Although you can store the catalog and images in almost any folder on locally mounted volumes, Lightroom stores its settings in a location that can’t be changed, and is within a specific user account. Which is basically how all other applications work, by the way. The only settings Windows (or macOS) store across users are those that are system-wide; any settings that could be different between users are stored within individual user accounts.

The Adobe document Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom Classic and Lightroom 6 tells us that preference settings are stored at:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs

…and it’s similar for the other settings files listed on that page.

So if you sign in as another user, Lightroom 6 will not follow the path to the settings you use stored within your regular account’s path, it’s always going to look for settings within that alternate standard account you’ve signed into.

I’m actually a Mac user, so I’m not sure if there is a way to resolve this. You might try copying all your settings files into the alternate user account and both of you agree to use those settings. I’m not sure if copying them would work seamlessly, so you might have to re-create the settings in the alternate account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines