• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How add address to metadata using GPS Coordinates

Engaged ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom CC Classic I have checked "Look up city, state and country of GPS coordinates to provide address suggestions" in catalog settings. What must I do to get Lightroom to add the address to a photo that has GPS coordinates?  Thanks.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tappytaps.android.geotagphotospro2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Ah, I see the confusion, by "address", you mean "street address", while LR means "city/state/country".

Unfortunately, LR doesn't provide street addresses, though Google, the underlying service used by LR, does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know how the URL was added to the end of my message but it is not relevant and should not be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-check that LR has actually read the GPS coordinates from the photo. In Library, select the photo. Then in the Metadata panel, select the Location tagset; do you see the GPS coordinates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPS coordinates, city, state and country are all present in the metadata. However, if the "Look up city, state and country of GPS coordinates to provide address suggestions" option is checked in catalog settings my understanding is that LR will use the GPS coordinates to fill in the IPTC address fields. I cannot find a way to make that happen. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPS coordinates, city, state and country are all present in the metadata.

I'm confused -- you say that the city, state, and country are all present in the metadata, but that address suggestions aren't working?  Perhaps a screen shot of the Location tagset in the Metadata panel, similar to the one I provided, will clarify what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows the IPTC fields City, State / Province, Country, and ISO Country Code have been filled in with the suggested address from the GPS location.  Italics means it's been automatically supplied, rather than entered by you.

If you switch to the IPTC tagset of the Metadata panel, you'll see those same fields under the Image subsection, e.g.

Can you provide more details about your issue -- what you expect versus what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was expecting to get a street address. Is that possible or is the location information not that detailed? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see the confusion, by "address", you mean "street address", while LR means "city/state/country".

Unfortunately, LR doesn't provide street addresses, though Google, the underlying service used by LR, does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

If this fills the IPTC fields, why can't. you select the City or Country when going to the Print Module?

The field will be empty there, even if the information is available.

Herman0D4D_0-1600547822668.png

Herman0D4D_1-1600547864081.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If this fills the IPTC fields, why can't. you select the City or Country when going to the Print Module? The field will be empty there, even if the information is available."

It's a bug in LR. When LR adds a suggested address to a photo based on GPS coordinates, it marks it as "suggested" and displays it in grey italics. Some parts of LR see the suggested address fields, and some parts (like the Print module) don't see them.

As a workaround, you can confirm the suggestions by clicking on the City, State/Province, Country/Region, and ISO Country Code labels in the Metadata panel and selecting the values from the dropdowns. If you need to confirm many photos, you can use the free Commit Locations command of the Any Tag plugin.

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-inconsistent-handling-of-su...

and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"As a workaround, you can confirm the suggestions by clicking on the City, State/Province, Country/Region, and ISO Country Code labels in the Metadata panel and selecting the values from the dropdowns. If you need to confirm many photos, you can use the free Commit Locations command of the Any Tag plugin."

John, I did not know about this plug-in, but I am excited to try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for looking into this issue, @johnrellis, much obliged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, your latest reply solved it for me! Thanks a lot!!!! This is just so wonderfull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines