• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add lens profiles to Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went in my Mac to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/ and found no lens profiles. Also, when in DEVELOP mode sometimes the lens I took the photo with appear and in other cases it does not, how can I add specific lenses to my lens profile folder?

For example, I have a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens and in some photos it says the focal length was 16 mm but this lens profile does not appear and it's the only 16 mm lens I have, in other photos this lens profile appear.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to work through and get it to download, it says installed...now the next step is getting it recognized in Lightroom and photoshop.  Are there any pages with that information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing you need to restart Lightroom to get it recognized. Lightroom might not automatically see the profile and you might have to select it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had it installed and could no longer download lens profiles. The Lens Profile Downloader is no longer supported by Adobe.  It is also no longer included in the Lens Profile Creator. The easiest solution is to modify the available raw file lens profile for JPEGs. Here's a procedure I created.

Raw Lens Profile Modification for use with JPEG Camera Files

The Adobe installed lens profiles can be found here:

Mac: Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Contents/Resources/Lens Profiles

Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0

Open the RAW lens profile you want to edit (PROFILE_NAME - RAW.lcp) in a text editor such as Windows Notepad or Mac TextEdit (change Format> Make plain text). Find and Replace All instances (about 20) of:

stCamera:CameraRawProfile="True" 

and change to

stCamera:CameraRawProfile="False"

Do NOT Save the modified file to the same location. Rename the file by changing - RAW to - JPEG and save the file to the below "user" folder location. The text editor may try to add a .txt extension to the file name. Retain the original file extension .lcp.

Mac: Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / LensProfiles /

Windows: C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ LensProfiles \

Close and reopen LR to load the new lens profile.

Text Edit.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are the God! Thank you for saving us 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines