• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I continue using my LR6 standalone?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have been using LR6 official standalone version for several years - and I am fine to continue as is.

However, since the introduction of CC Manager and the like, I am having problems.

Now, I cannot launch it at all. The popup requires to install Adobe Application Manager to start my trial!

Well, this is not a trial but a legitimate copy. And I have this AAManager installed - but nothing has changed.

How can I make it work?

I could not find an answer in the forum. If I missed it - pls send me the link.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What CC Manager?

If you are taliking about the Creative Cloud Desktop App then you need to uninstall that and NEVER EVER install it again.

Lr V6 does not use ANY Features offered in the CC Desktop App.

Not sure why you installed it in the first place.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Manager. I had it installed because other Adobe apps insisted on that. Now, today, it has been replaced with Adobe Creative Cloud - because this is what the pop-up requires when I try to launch LR6. 

Now I have this new Adobe thing installed, but the popup that has requested it persists:

"Adobe Lightroom

Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from

HTTP://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager." 

Is there a way to just launch the LR6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I recall, you did need to have some version of the Adobe Creative Cloud app installed in order to use LR 6 (I think all it did was check the license was valid and not in use on more than 2 machines).

I would re-install the version of this app that came with LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows or Mac, and if on Mac, which version? LR 6 / 2015 won't run Mac OS 15 (Catalina) or later.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Win 10. This LR6 worked some time ago, probably before Adobe forced me to update one of its mandatory Creative Assistants or whatever is the name now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I run LR 6.14 on my Windows 10 computer side by side with the Creative Cloud desktop application, LR 10.0, LR 8.2.1, and a bunch of other Creative Cloud apps.   I don't have the Adobe Application Manager installed.

To build on dj_paige's suggestion, you could try completely uninstalling all Adobe software on your computer with the Creative Cloud cleaner tool:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Then install the Creative Cloud desktop app:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html 

Then download and serialize LR 6.14 following the instructions here closely:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/10819370?page=1#M1... 

Then use the Creative Cloud desktop app to reinstall any other CC apps you want.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines