• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i deactivate the automatic creation of virtual copies?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i click on an image in Lightroom classic 9.3 (newest version) it automatically creates a virtual copie of the image.(I think they call it proof copie) How can i turn that off ? 

Thanks for Help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

You probably hit the S key to turn soft proofing ON.  Either hit S again in Develop Loupe View or click the button on the toolbar if you have the button set to show up.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.18.17 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.20.27 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably hit the S key to turn soft proofing ON.  Either hit S again in Develop Loupe View or click the button on the toolbar if you have the button set to show up.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.18.17 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.20.27 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect your preference file may be corrupt as Lightroom Classic doesn't auto create VCs when an image is clicked. To reset the preference file, follow instructions for Method 1 in linked document https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it will Auto Create a Proof Copy if you have the Soft Proof button checked and do and edit if you have ever checked the "Dont Show Again" in the following dialog.  I didnt want to try to check the Dont Show Again as I always want the dialog to show.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 10.06.11 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Problem solved 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah!  I found my answer....Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines