• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I import Canon .CR2 raw files gererated by the new Canon 5D MkIII?

Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the new Canon 5D MkIII and none of the Adobe products can recognize the raw files (called .CR2) it generates.

I'd be happy just converting them to .DNG but converters won't recognize them either.

Anyone know a solution for me?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to ACR 6.7 RC, Lr 4.1 RC, or the latest version of the Raw converter - these will all handle 5D Mk III files, although ACR 6.7 RC will only work Photoshop CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, the raw converter still doesn't work with MkIII files, (v 6.6.0.261).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D/load Lr4.1RC from labs which does I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FasterElectron wrote:

As of today, the raw converter still doesn't work with MkIII files, (v 6.6.0.261).

The Release Candidate 6.7 converter does work with the 5D Mk III and as stated LR 4.1 RC also works:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cameraraw6-7/

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/lightroom4-1.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FasterElectron wrote:

Yeah, it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I kow about the 6.7RC version but I see in a thread in the Luminous Landscape forum that some are having a few problems with it. So I won't be trying it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you're replying to me, Faster, but re: the DNG converter, 6.6.0.261 definitely works on 5D Mk III files, as does ACR 6.7 RC and Lr 4.1 RC - I've tried them all.

The fact that "someone" on the LuLa forum is a having a problem (although I'm not sure from your post what with) doesn't really change that - if you look hard enough, you'll find somebody, somewhere, having a problem with everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just can't get it to work for me. I have deleted the copy I had and downloaded the 'latest' version again, re-installed and I still have a problem. I can convert my MkII files no problem, but it just doesn't see the MkIII files, i.e. they don't even show up in the folder. If I go to the 'Adobe DNG Conveter.exe' file location in \Program Files ((x86)\ I can see the 'exe' file, but it has a date of 1/12/11, which doesn't seem right. Its the only copy on my hard drive. Don't know. I'll just wait for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With LR open could you go to the main menu bar and select the "about"  option and see what is displayed in the dialog displayed.

See the screen shot. Do you see Version 4.1 RC

Image00099.jpg

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines