Highlighted

How can I import RAFs from my Fuji X-T4 into Lightroom 5.7.1?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot import RAFs from my Fuji X-T4 into Lightroom 5.7.1.

They cannot be displayed as previews, when I import them nonetheless, I get an error message saying that the file is not recognized.

Any idea how to solve this?

Toby

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I import RAFs from my Fuji X-T4 into Lightroom 5.7.1?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot import RAFs from my Fuji X-T4 into Lightroom 5.7.1.

They cannot be displayed as previews, when I import them nonetheless, I get an error message saying that the file is not recognized.

Any idea how to solve this?

Toby

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to download the free Adobe DNG Converter version 12.2 or later. Then you can use this to convert the RAWs to DNGs, which can then be read into Lightroom 5.7.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That sounds like an unnecessary extra step. Doy ou know the reason Fuji uses an uncommon raw format? Do they offer a software themselves to transform? Is there photo editing programs that can handle RAF without conversion?

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not unnecessary if you want to use the RAW photos from that particular camera in your very old software.

When Lightroom 5.7.1 was released, there was not such thing as a Fuji X-T4 and so the software cannot handle newer RAW images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use a third party RAW converter. Many Fuji X owners do not like Adobe RAF conversion, and use Iridient X-Transformer (not free) https://www.iridientdigital.com

https://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2019/10/iridient-x-transformer-amp-iridient-develo...

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I would have assumed the conversion should be identical. I can see that you use a Fuji X-T3 and I assume that results in the same issues. How doy ou handle this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a problem as I am on Lightroom Classic v9.3. Adobe will never ever ever update Lightroom v5  to support new cameras.

Adobe 101, supported cameras:https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that is a very useful hint. Thanks. So my understanding is that you cannot get Lightroom classic anymore. They only have it as an annual plan, which can easily get expensive. A good alternative seems to be Capture One. Any experience with that one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines