Highlighted

How can I organize my presets in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a lot of my own presets on the Lightroom app. I see how when you are making a preset you can make a folder. Mine are already made and I want to organize them. Help!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I organize my presets in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a lot of my own presets on the Lightroom app. I see how when you are making a preset you can make a folder. Mine are already made and I want to organize them. Help!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! As you want to organize the presets you've loaded in Lightroom, please have a look at some useful tips here and let us know how it goes: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-cc/how-to/manage-organize-presets.html

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XMP presets are no longer managed by folders on the disk. You can move them into folders manually, but that does not get reflected in the UI.

To see the presets in "folders" from the UI, there is a "+" to create a "folder" then you can drag and drop the presets. However, this will not move the files on disk.

If you have already organized the preset files into folders on disk, this plug-in might help sync up the UI:

http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/fixpresets.htm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom app"

You've posted in the Lightroom Classic forum -- are you using Lightroom Classic or the Lightroom cloud version? (If you're not sure, do Help > System Info.)  The tutorial linked to by Sahil is for the Lightroom cloud version.

In Lightroom Classic, to make a new preset group (what LR calls a folder of presets), you need to create a dummy preset and create a new group for that dummy preset. Then you can drag and drop presets into that group.  Finally, delete the dummy preset.  But note that if you delete the dummy preset from the new group before dragging any other presets into the group, the group will disappear!  (Yes, this was designed by a professional.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0