Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can i restore the settings data for lightroom to another pc

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

i edited images on my imac in the office using lightroom classic and would like to edit them on my computer at home. However, when I re-import the images, the settings are not taken over.
I have copied the entire "Pictures" folder where all the lightroom folders are saved from the mac to an external hard drive so that I have all the data
if I want to import this on my private pc via lightroom classic, the settings are missing
has someone here already had the same experience?

greetings
Enes

Edited by Mod for Formatting.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

You need to place all your images and the catalog file on an External drive amd Move, Carry, that external driver from computer to computer.

All Edits are in the Catalog file and Not in the images.

Please Review some or all of these tutorials to see what LrC is, How it works and hwo to work with LrC.

Lightroom Classic tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom Classic

Lightroom catalog FAQ

How Lightroom catalogs work

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to place all your images and the catalog file on an External drive amd Move, Carry, that external driver from computer to computer.

All Edits are in the Catalog file and Not in the images.

Please Review some or all of these tutorials to see what LrC is, How it works and hwo to work with LrC.

Lightroom Classic tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom Classic

Lightroom catalog FAQ

How Lightroom catalogs work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Just Shoot Me , thanks for your answer
the problem is i have copied all the lightroom folders from my mac where the catalog data should also be included, it is the folders (Lightroom) , (Lightroom Library.library), (Photos Library.photoslibrary)

I also know that the settings are not saved directly to the raw data, but the folders do not contain any xmps such as camrea raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using LIGHTROOM the Cloud based version, It Seems, but you have posted in the Lightroom CLASSIC forum.

2 Completely Different programs that Adobe has foolishly named the same.

Also would you PLEASE STOP composing your posts outside the forum system as whatever you are doing make them not format properly when post to the actual forum system.

I edited your original post so no one has to Scro;; left to right to read you post. But you did it again with the reply to my original Reply.

Please state Exactly Which Version of Lr you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the translate function !

ich habe habe vorher die google übersetzer funktion genutzt weil mein englisch nicht so gut ist und ich sorge gehabt habe das sie mich mit meinem schlechten englisch möglicherweise nicht verstehen aus diesem grund kam es auch zu den formatierungsfehler

ich nutze lightroom classic so wie ich es auch in meinem ersten post geschrieben habe

mein problem ist es einfach das ich ein lightroom katalog auf meinem büro imac erstellt habe und dort bilder bearbeitet habe und jetzt möchte ich die bilder an meinem windows laptop zuhause weiter bearbeiten jedoch sind die entwicklungseinstellungen nicht mehr "vorhanden"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no XMP files unless you have chosen the option to save metadata to file in the Lightroom preferences. Otherwise, all of the settings are simply stored in the catalog, and you need to open the catalog associated with the images in order to have your editing applied to the images. And even if you choose the option to write metadata to file you would possibly have to highlight the images and choose the option to read metadata from file in order to have those adjustments applied.

As a side note, I use LrC almost exclusively and never rely on XMP files. I rely on the catalog to store all my editing. I don't have XMP files for any of my raw files, just use the catalog and ensure that it is backed up frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please use the translation function !

ich weiß das lightroom classic nicht automatisch xmp´s erstellt mir geht es einfach nur darum wie ich auf einen lightroom katalog welches ich auf einem rechner (in dem fall ein imac) erstellt habe auf einem anderen rechner ( in dem fall windows) wieder zugreifen kann mit allen entweicklungs einstellungen die ich schon gemacht habe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines