Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I safely remove duplicate folders in lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A while ago I managed to create two folders in lightroom that are both pointing to the same file location. temp1.png

temp2.png

temp3.png

In order to fix this, I tried deleting one of the folders, but that ended up deleting some images in my catalog, so I had to roll things back.

Having said that, what would be the best way to resolve this issue?

Install Details:

LR Version: 2015.7 CC

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

My 1st strategy would be to conclude whether these flolders are two separate or of the same just spelled with a cap and not. Right click the folder, you should have the ability to "show in finder (imac users)" or get info. As a win10 it still should give you the option to see where the folder is located on your pc. From there compare the two folders and decide your next move, delete or mathe copy and move then delete the extra. I hope the thought process might help.

Studio109vt

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 1st strategy would be to conclude whether these flolders are two separate or of the same just spelled with a cap and not. Right click the folder, you should have the ability to "show in finder (imac users)" or get info. As a win10 it still should give you the option to see where the folder is located on your pc. From there compare the two folders and decide your next move, delete or mathe copy and move then delete the extra. I hope the thought process might help.

Studio109vt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Often such issues resolve by using the "Show Parent Folder" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines